Friday 1 April 2016

Being Microchip-managed

I love apps.
I love commitment devices.
I love digital systems of all kinds.

And there are a lot of great ones out there. So I've decided to chronicle my attempt to use these in more and more areas of my life.

Sometime this year, I will try to reach a point where, for a predetermined period of time, I let them take over management of my time and (some of) my choices, just to see what that would be like.

For now, I'm going to introduce you to some of my favourites and the ways that I use them, as well as how well they're working for me and any little tips, tweaks, workarounds, and hacks I've found while combing through other people's great ideas.

I’ll be starting out with only a few (Beeminder, IFTTT, Toggle, Evernote, etc.), and will be testing and adding more apps, and tracking more items and details, as time goes on. I’m curious to see whether certain tools, or combinations of tools, can improve productivity, efficiency, enjoyment, effective use of willpower, etc., when followed as closely as possible.

I hope you'll join me. You'll be able to read about the tools with which I'm starting in the posts to come. I'll also be writing about the challenges, results, and surprises along the way, and I'll share my progress both here and through the different web app profiles I will add to the sidebar on the right.

Meanwhile, if there are apps or devices you'd like to suggest, tips you'd like to pass on, or thoughts you'd like to share, I'll look forward to reading them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment